Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day one


Ok Friends - here it goes - day 1

First of all, for my EL team, I stopped in here to let them know how well Mohinder was doing - this is a block from our hotel!

Ok - back to the start of the day (I could not wait to put the Dena Bank sighting in order)

We met at 9 am - and I got to the hotel at 4:30 am due to my unexpected detour to Abu Dahbi - but at least now I can say I have been to the Middle East!  

We took a quick flight to Jamnagar - airport is even smaller than White Plains

We went straight to the hotel and unpacked in our home for the next month

Had a typical Indian lunch in the hotel
This was very good

This was even better*


Pictures of hotel and room in next post...just call it a cliff hanger

Next we formed teams- I was part of the ladies liquor team...ok - this needs a little explanation - Gujarat is dry - but visitors can apply for a liquor license - so we did - I have no pictures of the shady alley we needed to navigate to get there - anyhow, our team succeeded in our mission and 3 bottles of wine and a bottle of Tequila later we got back to the hotel.  Here I am on the rickshaw on the way to get the liquor
Got to rest a bit and then we did a tour of the neighborhood -

Can't believe it took me this long to mention the cows

They are everywhere

After our city tour we are hanging in our common room - much nicer than our Littleton clubhouse 

Waiting for dinner to arrive 

I know this is gonna be a blast!

1 comment:

  1. hope the license was worth the effort - a little wine and tequila to help adjust to a new environment (and go well with Indian food)

    ReplyDelete